These are synthesized flexible rubber-based films that are magnetized permanently. They are designed in various sizes and from different materials which can be used for a wide range of applications. The sheets also vary in the degree of magnetism and it is therefore important that you consider your requirements when purchasing a sheet.
Types of Magnetic Sheets
There are varying designs available for the magnetic sheets. These designs differ in dimensions and applications. The most commonly available types of magnetic sheets include;
These are the standard magnetized sheets that are available in different shapes and sizes. They are used for a variety of different applications and are customizable to better suit your needs. You can use adhesive to stick them to a surface or fasten them.
These are magnetized films that are better suited for applications that require magnetic images commonly used in display for marketing and advertising. They are designed with quality material that produces high-quality graphic images. You print the different designs onto the sheets and then display them.
You can select a magnetic sheet based on the presence of a lack of adhesive incorporated into the design. Adhesive sheets are simpler and easier to operate as they require no additional purchases and you can easily be installed on a variety of surfaces. Non adhesive sheets on the other hand will require a method of attaching them to the desired surfaces. Because you can use different methods to attach the sheet, it broadens the range of applications suitable for the sheet.
With varying dimensions such as thickness, size, and shape, you can choose to customize your magnetic sheets.
Application Of A Magnetic Sheet
There are numerous uses of these magnetized rubber sheets. You can use them for the following applications;
- Advertising and marketing
- Signage and displays
- Magnetic conversions
- Crafts and DIY projects
- Photo mounting
- Labeling and organization
Advantages of a Magnetic Sheet
There are several benefits you can derive from using these sheets. These benefits include;
- The sheets have thin dimensions making them light in weight meaning you can easily handle them in different applications. Because of this feature, they can easily be packed in bulk and transported saving on cost.
- You can customize these magnetic sheets to better suit your requirements and preferences. They vary in size, shape, color, the adhesive used, and thickness among others. You can therefore customize the film to better suit your needs
- The sheets themselves also provide room for the personalization of applications including manipulating banners, displays, and signs among others.
- These magnetized films can be used for a wide range of applications. It is important to consider the need for your applications when selecting a type of sheet to purchase.
- Despite being lightweight these magnetized sheets are incredibly durable. They are also designed to be resistant to adverse weather elements such as sun, rain, fluctuating temperatures, and winds. This means that you can use them for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- The thin sheet can easily be printed on. This will not only make it more affordable but the resulting graphics will be of a high quality.
The main procedure used to create these sheets is referred to as calendaring. It involves the following steps;
- Selecting the base material is the first step. The primary component is usually designed from rubber, to make it magnetic a magnetic compound is introduced. This compound is typically an anisotropic powder with magnetic properties for example a rare earth metal.
- After the components are fused they are then subjected to high temperatures which cause them to melt and the melting material is put under intense pressure. This process is referred to as calendaring and the result is the thin and flexible magnetic film.
- The next step is the magnetization phase which is done on only one side of the sheets. This is done using stripes with a north-south-north orientation. The plain side is then laminated.
- These sheets are then sized and shaped through cutting. This process can be carried out with a simple pair of trimming scissors or knives. You can also use a roller press to die-cut it for customization on larger-scale operations and customization.
- The final step is surface treatment which can be done using various materials. The main method used involves coating using a gloss PVC.
The main working principle for these sheets is their ability to generate a magnetic field. Although their primary component is rubber, it is infused with magnetic powder from different permanent magnets.
This powder is composed of magnetic particles that ultimately create a powerful magnetic field by aligning in one direction.
When the sheet is introduced close to a ferromagnetic material it can manipulate as well as attract the material. This widens its range of applications.